Pancetta, lettuce, and tomato come together as the perfect trio in this tasty pasta salad finished with a homemade ranch dressing.
Pasta cooking time
Serves 4 to 6
For the Ranch Dressing
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tbs olive oil
- ½ cup (approx.) olive oil
- 1 tbs white vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 pinch freshly grounded black pepper
- Some chives, parsley, basil and dill leaves
For the Salad
- 1 bag of Felicetti Organic Farfalle
- 5 – 6 leaves of Romaine lettuce
- 3.5 – 4 oz of pancetta [or bacon]
- 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- salt for the water
- 4 tbs BBQ sauce
- Boil water. Drop pasta and add salt to water. Cook pasta as directed on the package. Then, drain the pasta and put it under cold running water for a couple of minutes.
- Cook the pancetta [or bacon slices] in a medium high non-stick pan. Every couple of minutes, turn and move the pieces until crispy. Remove and set aside and drain the fat.
- Now, prepare the ranch dressing. Separate the yolks from the whites and put them in a large bowl with vinegar. Beat by hand or with an electric mixer. While you’re doing this, add olive oil drop by drop. When it starts to thicken add the olive oil, slowly. When it becomes creamy add the salt. Beat just another minute and then stop. Add yogurt, sugar, and herbs [minced]. Mix.
- Season the farfalle with the ranch dressing. Cut Romaine lettuce in two and chop them in strips. Cut each tomato in two pieces, remove water and seeds. Add the tomato and lettuce in the bowl with pasta and mix well. Crumble the pancetta [or bacon] in small pieces and drop over the salad.
- Add a couple of drops of BBQ sauce if you’d like.